Went to the first lab, the lady did one poke on his little arm, twisted the needle in it and can't find the vein. She looked at the lab slips and said "That's a lot of blood", "It's hard for me to do babies". She then gave up and told me to go to the hospital across. Went there, 3 ladies worked on him. The receptionist was kind of anxious, and saying it's a lot of blood.
Then 2nd lab 3 ladies try and try, after poking the needle in they twist more in order to find the vein. I have to hold him still in order for the 2 ladies to work on him. They need lots of blood from him (4 tubes) so after first 3 tubes, the blood is not flowing, and it's so slow, Ethan was from crying loud to making tired crying sound, and I started to cry myself. The nurses was so nice, they ask if I'm OK and even call Dr Tai if it's OK of not getting enough data. But then I said just try the other arm too ... i prayed so hard, and Thanks God they found it right away. Then both his arms were bruised and red afterwards. I still have to research more about his UTI if it's necessary. I don't want to see him in pain if not needed. :P
But the first try at the LapCorp at Henry's Ethan was so brave he didn't cry though. Just this time for the first arm it took so long to get the blood flowing and he was so cranky, and the process was so slow for first 3 tubes of blood, at first he was crying loud, and they it becomes just making tired cry. Maybe he wasn't taking enough breast milk.
Then Ethan was on azithromycin. Fever still there. His fever likes to come during/after nap/sleep. I have to wake up every 2 or 3 hours just to check and make sure he doesn't have fever. So tired and feel like i'm dying. During the day i didn't get a chance to nap. Became so cranky. Then finally Lam Kwan was suggesting if it's UTI i should ask to change med so his fever will be gone. So after 3 days of azithromycin, Dr Tai gave him Septra. Mixed of 2 antibiotic, and the fever's finally gone. I wonder if it's because of UTI fever, or because of Ethan got my bug. Poor baby.
Then Dr Tai replied my email giving me the name of the test. I researched a bit, looks like it's not going to be in too much pain except having to do catheter. I guess I'll have to think twice for the allergy blood test. However, if it'll be going back to labcrop at Pomoerado with those same ladies, i'd give it a try I guess.
I hate to be in suspend of not knowing exactly what causing Ethan's "food reaction" of rashes, red dots and itching. Sigh... i'm such a bad mom and it's hard for me to be on diet.
No comments:
Post a Comment